Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Summer Dreaming

We're nearing the end of my second winter in Boise, and I (like most people) can't wait for warmer weather, outdoor activities, and generally more color. Sometimes, when everything around me seems dead, I like to buy colorful clothes or listen to lively music. I would buy this if I wasn't dirt poor, but in the end, this video will have to do.


I've been a fan of this band, Orange Pekoe, since high school, though at the time I only knew one of their songs. Basically, I'm a fan of any Japanese band that does something other than Top 40 pop and rock, and OP's retro jazz, bossa nova and waltzes fit right in. I picked Honeysuckle not only for the joyful, upbeat sound of the music, but also the riot of color and sensation in the video. Even in the freezing cold, I can put on this video and almost feel the sunshine, grass and pool water. It would only be better if I had a best friend I could go swimming with in adorable suits and swim caps! Sounds like a great project to work on until May.

Still dreaming,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment